Sunday, January 26, 2014

Short but sweet Shabbos

This Shabbos, my family had recovered from their jet lag, so they were actually able to sit and enjoy themselves at the Berman's table. They ate, they tried food I never would have guessed they would eat (nothing that exotic, but now I know they will eat cabbage salad) and participated in the meal only sneaking wary to the couch a few times.
     The shul is right out the door, which has its advantages and disadvantages. Proximity is definitely a plus, but any excuse to wander back to the house gets used. After davening my sister and I went to a shiur on the Parsha. Then it was lunch. The short winter Shabbos afternoon ended with the customary Bananagrams competition.
     After Shabbos I decided to take the boys back into Yerushalaim for a quick Kotel visit and a bite to eat. I offered to walk around Ben Yehuda street with them, but they were just as happy to sat in the Old City and return to RBS.
     We have one more full day in Israel and I intend on using it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment